Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Catching Fireflies R Articulation

Hello again :-)
I hope you're having a great week.
I just want to take a minute to let everyone in the Oklahoma area know that we are thinking of them here in the Northeast; I hope all of our "speechies" out there are safe with their families.

Tonight I have a "first" for Just Speechie SLP readers---an articulation activity. It's not that I don't work on articulation (actually, motor speech disorders are my favorite thing to treat), it's just that I have many articulation materials already, so don't feel like I need to make a lot more. That being said, I have found that my students love these fireflies, and I was looking for some new and fun homework ideas for my kiddos, so articulation fireflies it is!

Are you sick of cutting out stimulus cards? Yup, me too. That's why I decided to make articulation firefly boards, and not cards. First up is prevocalic and vocalic /r/.....
Here's a peek at some of the boards:



Included you receive 8 articulation boards (one each for prevocalic /r/, OR, ER, IRE, AR, AIR, EAR, and /r/ blends). Each stimulus item may be produced at the word, phrase, sentence, or conversational level, at your discretion.
 Each board has twelve pictures in mixed positions; use the boards for "Chipper" games, as a magnet board, for a coin toss game, with a flashlight, or cut out the pictures to make stimulus cards for Headbandz, etc. Your imagination is the limit! I have also included the word list for reference with the pictures :-)
Find my activity here. Please watch for more Firefly articulation boards this week, and don't forget my SALE (get 20% off) ends tonight!

Stay Safe,
Rebecca-SLP :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment