Thursday, April 25, 2013

Phony Baloney: A Social Fake Game

HI there. Tonight I want to share with you a new material that I created called Phony Baloney: A Social Fake Game. First, let me start by saying that yes, I DO know that Italians may spell it bologna, and that you can also spell it boloney (trust me...my husband and I both looked it up :-), but I wanted to reference being a "phony baloney", or faker, so baloney it is! Please don't take offense if you're a deli meat connoisseur ;)

So, what's my game all about? Well, I have several students who are working on social cognition and pragmatic language. My intention with this game is to practice both perspective-taking skills, as well as the pragmatic function of "what do I say?" Sometimes, the socially expected response or action may be to do or say nothing. My students really need practice in ignoring some social issues, do yours?

 Here's a peek at my game:


My game has 40 social situation cards that describe a scenario where a "social fake" is needed. The student must answer four questions about the situation from this template:

Here's the game contents and directions:



Here's a peek at the cards:


 Also included is a double-wide board game:

I got some very nice comments back from my previewers, what do you think? If you're interested in my game, find it at my TPT store here.

Have a great night!
Rebecca-SLP :-)
PS- the first person to comment below, with an email, will win the game FREE ;)



11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Can I get a free copy please?

      Delete
  2. This is an awesome activity. I can't believe nobody has commented. I have a new private client that has autism and will be entering junior high next year and this activity will work great for us to address his goals. Thanks for the giveaway.
    Susan
    ssjvarga@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! Please check your email ;)

      Delete
  3. Play keeps the children active physically as well mentally but allow your children to play games as often as possible, but do not forget to remind them to stop. Thanks!
    TuTiTu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you help me write an IEP goal for a social fake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon,
      I'm not sure I would use the term "social fake" in the goal. This skill relates to perspective taking and generating expected responses, so I would write objectives that target those skills. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  5. It really does! - Thank you so much for your quick response.
    SLP in PA

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been looking for something like this to write a goal about for an IEP! This is great! Do you have a sample goal available to look at so that I can try to write a measurable goal to target this skill? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog! May I have a copy of this? wharrison@oconeeschools.org Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete