Monday, April 8, 2013

Catching Fireflies Extension Ideas!

Hello again! Last night I posted another Catching Fireflies activity, and a few readers had some really great ideas that I thought I would share! One reader suggested that it might make a great companion to The Very Lonely Firefly book by Eric Carle. What a great idea to make a thematic unit out of it! I found a paperback version on Amazon here for about $5.
Here's a picture of the book cover:

Another reader suggested that it might be fun to make a flashlight activity out of the cards. Wow! What a great idea! I found this sweet flashlight activity on Pinterest that could be adapted to use with my cards. Instead of pointing to a letter with the flashlight, how about pointing to a word association match? Or the attribute you are using? See the idea here.

How about you? Any other great ideas for fireflies?
Oh, and if you missed my post last night, you can find my packet here!

Have a great night!
Rebecca-SLP :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment