Monday, March 18, 2013

Paraphrasing Key Details in Sentences simple FREEBIE

Confession 5: Sometimes the simplest materials work out the best.

Happy day-after St. Patrick's Day! If you're like me, this time of year truly is "March Madness". I'm not referring to basketball here, but rather the hectic IEP/meetings/testing time that I seem to experience each year! At this time of year, re-inventing the wheel with materials can be difficult, and sometimes the quick, simple materials that take ten minutes to make give me the most mileage. That's what I have to share today...

Many of my middle school students are currently working on paraphrasing, or the ability to restate information in their own words. This task is particularly important to learn for note taking (even homework logs) and writing in school. This weekend, I quickly typed up a paraphrasing activity. The purpose of this activity is for the student to take a message, identify the key details, and re-write the message simply in his own words. I used it today with a few groups, and it targeted paraphrasing beautifully. If you want to give it a try, feel free to download it here , and let me know what you think by leaving FEEDBACK!

Thanks,
Rebecca-SLP :-)

6 comments:

  1. Thank you! I literally just wrote an IEP goal for a student for paraphrasing...and then read this. So timely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome speechadventures.com! Come back often as I will likely post more summarizing/paraphrasing activities because I'm working on that with students, too! :-)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its been rightly stated that often times the simplest context does used to matter a lot, that most of the professionals couldn't get the right essentials undermining these exceptional ideas, and it becomes difficult to carry on the right tactics. paragraph rephrase generator

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to convey my respect for your kindness for all those that require guidance on this one field. Your special commitment to passing the solution up and down has been incredibly functional and has continually empowered most people just like me to achieve their dreams. Your amazing insightful information entails much to me and especially to my peers. Thanks a ton; from all of us.
    Paraphrasing Online
    Paraphrasing Website
    Paraphrasing Service UK

    ReplyDelete